Our Crew & Family Welfare section, or more popularly referred to as the Crewing Support Services (CSS), plays an important role as a vital link between our crew and their loved ones.
- Cash Advance and Salary Loans for Crews
- Budgeting Sessions
- Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)
- Seafarers & Families’ Christmas Party
- Entertainment Materials
- Medical Insurance to Crew & Family
- Leadership Seminar
- Officers' Conference
-Officers' Family Day
1. Provides information on privileges and benefits of the crew and their families from the Company, seamen’s organizations and unions such as Associated Marine Officers’ and Seamen’s Union of the Philippines (AMOSUP) and government agencies such as Social Security System (SSS), Phil Health, and Overseas Worker’s Welfare Association (OWWA);
2. Coordinates with AMOSUP, on crew/allottees’ claims and benefits, among others;
3. Sends updates to the crew regarding relevant changes in company policies and procedures affecting seafarers;
4. Ensures the timely delivery to the crew onboard of letters and packages from the family members;
5. Administers the issuance of PDOS and Anti-Piracy training certificates and identification cards;
6. Ensures conveyance of urgent messages to the crew and/or their family members
7. Assists in counseling of crew and/or family members on problems affecting the family;
8. Provides reading and entertainment materials to the crew onboard
CSS also arranges other value-added services and organizes activities for the benefit of the crew and their families such as:
Cash Advances & Salary Loans for Crew
Our members are able to avail of cash advances and salary loans. We have negotiated a very good rate with in-house City Savings Bank, an affiliate company, for an interest of only 1% per month against 2 to 3.5% being offered by other banks.
JebsenCrew.com (dedicated website)
To enable the crew to stay in touch with their families and the company, we have created a website, exclusively for our crew members.
The website provides updates of the company’s activities and new services, latest information about the company & the maritime industry, interesting articles about the crew and other issues which may affect the crew and their families’ daily lives. It also highlights crew with exceptional achievements and recognizes model seafaring families in the section Our Seafarers, Our Heroes.
In preparation for future financial needs, we organize budgeting sessions for the family members of our crew at least twice a year. Participants for the session are the persons who are primarily responsible in managing the family’s finances. Aside from budgeting wisely, discussions about onboard realities and crew benefits are also included for better understanding.
Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)
We have an in-house Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) conducted to our joining crew by our two (2) accredited PDOS trainors in our pool. Topics covered are company and customer profiles, existing systems and procedures, standard employment contract, code of discipline, recent maritime developments, benefits from government agencies, accounting matters, training and safety, occupational health hazards and medical advisories on sexually transmitted diseases, among others.
Seafarers & Families’ Christmas Party
To celebrate the Christmas season and as a way for the Principals to show their appreciation to their crew, our company organizes this much-awaited annual event. The Seafarers & Families’ Christmas Party is attended by the crew who are on vacation, together with their spouses or the family members if the crew are onboard. The program includes live entertainment numbers by Philippine celebrities and exciting raffle prizes.
It is during this event that JMI formally recognizes and awards the seafarers who have been with the company for more than ten years.
We arrange for the dispatch of entertainment materials to all of our managed vessels. These include newspapers, magazines, films and others which the crew may request. These entertainment materials help alleviate the crew’s loneliness and stress.
Medical Insurance to Crew & Family
In coordination with our principals, we arrange for medical coverage of the crew’s family and the crew, themselves when they are on vacation. Reasonable premiums are charged to the principal on a per crew per month basis.
Our company conducts Leadership Seminars to improve the crew’s assertiveness and decision-making skills.
A bi-annual event held to continuously upgrade our Officer’s knowledge and update them on current maritime developments and relevant domestic or international issues which affect their work. It is participated in by both the Company's shipboard officers as well as office management and staff. This is a strategy used in order to promote better relations between shore-based and shipboard personnel.
Officers' Family Day
The objective of this project is to promote camaraderie among the Officers, their families and members of the Crewing Department. The activity gives the crew an opportunity to get to know and interact with one another and spend a fun day with the families of the other seafarers. The goodwill generated helps the company in achieving a high crew retention level.
It is through these projects and activities that we further strengthen our bond not only with our crew but also with their families.